Wednesday, September 22, 2010

University of Eternity Chapter 9


Chapter 9
Wave of Truth


 



 
EPOV


 

    I was frozen when she yelled out my name, secretly wishing that she was going to stop me from leaving her. I don't think I could leave her now, not really, I was never really away from her. I just stood there with my head down and my eyes closed, her heart beat was drumming in my ears, I could hear her blood rushing through her veins filling with the slightest bit of adrenaline. The room was heavy with the smell of her arousal, still invading every inch of my being, I was surrounded in her scent; it was the most intoxicating, lustful, sinful, pleasure that caused me pain. Above my pain, I was all want, need, desire; I could lose myself in her smell if I let my control go. As she stepped towards me I took in a breath of the delicious pleasure, heavy with plumeria, sea water, with a coolness to it as if she could carry the scent of everything the trade winds held in there infinity, she was Bella, all Bella, and I burned for her. In the seconds that it took her to cross over to me my mind was filled with memories of our bodies pressed against each other only moments ago. The feeling of her hands running over my body, it felt like feathers dancing over my skin, it was torturous in the most wonderful way possible, having her mouth pressed into mine once again was like finding home. Her lips seared mine, and I wanted more, I just wanted more. Then reality hit me and I knew I had to slow it down, as much as my body, my lifeless body begged and ached for her because she made me feel like at any moment my heart would start beating again, that blood would flow in my veins, and I would be gasping for air, her air. Then I felt her, her hot skin, her small fingers, reaching into my own, grabbing my hand. Fuck what was it about this girl; there was a current of electricity racing through me. She led me over to her iPod and changed the song in that moment when the song came on, deep and heavy and we stood there hand in hand looking at each other, learning, understanding, needing, rescuing each other, I knew my life had permanently changed, all the words came rushing to me at once. Mine, need, want, protect, forever, trust, passion, life, desire, lust, death, hope, give, take, destiny, home, mate, worship, constant, feel, LOVE. Her words almost made me crumble when she spoke, barely a whisper, but they rang load and clear in my ears, in my heart, in my mind, in my everything, she was my everything.

    "I'm there too" Only pausing for a moment to continue "I know one day you will take my hand and I will understand" I was at a loss at her, her courage, trust; I knew I couldn't mess this up, I had to do this right.

    "Bella" I spoke her name as if it were a prayer, I loved the way it sounded coming out of my mouth "One day you will understand" I kisses her hand gently brushing my lips across her soft skin "I promise" at that I walked her back over to her bed, scooped her up in my arms and gently laid her back down, pressing my body against hers, she melted into me, molding to my chest I wrapped my arms around her and just relished in her, in my Bella. I laid there with her in my arms watching her sleep, listening to her quiet mumbling while she dreamt. I think she was dreaming about surfing, but then I it changed because in her sleep filled voice, husky and possibly the most sexy erotic tone I have ever heard, she whispered "Edward…please, Edward please I need you, it can only be you…touch me, I'm yours" My mouth dropped open and it took every ounce of strength I had to not wake her and give her all of me. Fuck! This girl was going to be the end of me, even in her sleep she still could manage to shock the hell out of me. She was it for me; she was all I would ever need for the rest of eternity.

    I waited until almost 5AM before I left her, god it was hard, I didn't want to leave. I could watch her forever. But there was something that I wanted to give her. I gently removed myself away from her body, pulling her covers around her and lingering for a moment to admire her in her sleep. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen; she stirred for a moment barely reaching out with her hand. Searching for me, I have to admit that it brought a smile to my face, only making it even harder for me to leave. But, I really wanted to give her this gift; she has already given me so much, even if she doesn't know it. I bent down and placed a whisper of a kiss into her soft, wild hair and placed a note upon her pillow before silently leaving through the window. I made it home in minutes, excited about what I wanted to do for her I almost didn't notice Alice standing in the entry way of the house when I came rushing through the front door.

    "So, are you really going to give her one of your boards?" Alice squealed the question at me with pure excitement, catching me slightly off guard. Her eyes were just beaming; she was practically dancing around with the thought of it.

    "Fuck, Alice! I didn't even see you there" I turned and looked at her with a sly grin on my face. "What is it Alice? It's not like you don't already know" I asked in a somewhat sarcastic tone, all while rolling my eyes.

    "OOO, she is going to love it, here I got this for you to give to her as well. There one of her favorites" Alice handed me a bird of paradise wrapped in a tea leaf "So, what are you going to say?"

    "Alice wipe that shit ass grin off your face, yes I may have made my decision about her, but this is still a really fucked up situation okay?" I took the flower from her that she was holding out to me "Alice I don't want her to get hurt, I don't want to scare her, she is so...so much more than anything I ever would have thought. And to be honest I am not too sure that I won't fuck this up" I just stood there for a moment thinking, hoping, I knew Alice could see the worry, shit it was written all over my face.

    "Edward, she is going to love your gift. As far as everything else goes, I will keep looking, so far nothing has changed. Since you made your decision, I still see the same thing. I know it's going to be hard, and I know its hard that you can't tell what she is thinking, but trust her Edward. Bella knows she can feel it; she is different. You need to give her more credit; she is stronger than you know. I am not saying that there isn't going to be any problems, but I know what I saw. And since you made your choice…well my vision became crystal clear. Bella isn't the one that we need to worry about. You need to trust her, but most of all you need to trust yourself. The whole family is behind you Edward we have all been waiting for this for a long time, she isn't just going to be yours ya know, she is going to belong to all of us too" Alice came over and nudged my shoulder, giving me her devilish little pixie grin. Her words did make me feel better, but she was right it wasn't Bella that we had to worry about; it is the decisions of others that could change the future as well.

    "I know Alice, but ever since you had your vision of Bella and I and the multiple outcomes…well I just don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to her, she is my perfect wave. When you saw us on the beach, with her in that dress and the family…fuck…then when I gave her the beach…naming it after her and seeing the look on her face…I can't lose that. I need to see that, I have to make that happen, somehow. I don't know how we are going to get through the rest to get there, but I have to try. I have to try Alice, she is my everything now" I just looked into Alice's eyes, searching her mind, asking for more hope, another way perhaps, an easier way. Her thoughts were just those of happiness, the thoughts of the rest of the family and how they felt about me finally finding someone; thoughts of how no matter what was to come everyone would be there ready to do their part. I just hope when the time comes I am ready and able to do mine.

    "Edward stop worrying so fucking much, just love her. And for crying out loud go give her, her board before it's too late!" She said with a chirp.

    I headed on upstairs to my bedroom to write Bella a note. I grabbed a piece of my personal stationary with an envelope, and headed towards Carlisle's office to get a pen. I walked into his office and sat down at his large mahogany desk, pulling a fountain pen out of the desk drawer. I sat there in the large leather chair thinking of what I wanted to say to her, what I needed to say to her. Carlisle walked through the door that led from his office to the library.

    "Oh, Edward what are you doing in here?" He asked in his soothing voice, he wasn't my real father. But he was my father in this life, my companion. I had known him longer than any of my 'siblings' and his wife. We had somewhat of a special connection, he was my maker, and I was his first. He smiled at me warmly and sat down in one of the leather chairs opposite his desk.

    "I just came in here for a pen, to write a note for Bella" I tapped the pen on the surface of his desk lightly for a moment. "Carlisle can I ask you something"

    "Of course Edward I am always here to talk, you know that" He shifted in his chair, a human habit he maintained, strange how natural it seems for him. After all he is a doctor and does spend more time around humans than the rest of us, though it is still odd to see him do those types of things in front of us, habit I suppose from all his years of practice. "So what would you like to ask me?"

    "Well...it's about Bella" I paused for a moment "The thing is Carlisle she is so beautiful and wonderful…I could never hurt her…I mean I don't know what I would do if I caused any harm to her…well she and I..Well she and I were somewhat intimate" I just sat there looking at him, trying to gage his reaction and search his thoughts.

    "How intimate…what does that mean Edward?" He asked coolly, his mind was clear and curious mostly trying to figure the dynamic of a vampire and a human.

    "Well we have kissed and I was able to touch her body, nothing sexual, just hold her and feel her really" I replied letting him know; telling Carlisle these things wasn't awkward, he and I could talk about anything, I think I felt more comfortable talking to him about this than I would Emmett or Jasper. Besides they would just end up giving me shit anyway. "I guess I want to know is if I am going to be able to do more than just kiss her am I capable of being intimate with her? Sex is what it boils down to...now I am not saying that she is going to do that, I mean I hope that I will be able to share that with her, but I would never push her or anything..But if it something that presents itself between us, I want to know if I am going to be able to handle it, or if she is physically able to handle it?"

    "Well Edward I am not entirely sure to be honest with you...We know that are kind have sex with humans but they tend to feed off of them and end their life afterwards. Your situation is entirely different; I think it would depend on you. You are drawn to her on so many levels and her blood appeals to you like no other humans have before, so it would take great restraint on your part. You have been able to kiss her without losing control of yourself. My suggestion I suppose is to take it as slowly as possible, don't push yourself and if at any time you feel as if you're going to lose control, stop, find a way to stop. But I think Bella needs to know some thing's before you two even get to that point. I know this isn't easy for you and the choice you made was the most difficult you have had to make in your life so far, but I don't think that you can continue without letting Bella know the truth. I trust what Alice has seen, I think that you need to trust Bella to make her choice as well" He just looked at me with his caring eyes, he was deep in thought about this, somewhat worried, more for my emotional state than anything else though.

    "I know I just worry about what may happen, it is those around Bella that pose the biggest threat" I looked at him and he understood what I meant.

    "I know Edward. Our treaty has been in place for 100 years, but I have faith, everything will work out, no one wants things to end badly. The tribe wants to keep the people safe as do we nothing changes that. But choices will be made and decisions will be tough but they can only be right if everyone knows the truth" He was right, he usually was; being centuries old Carlisle was definitely a wise vampire, I always trusted in everything he said and what he believed. He would never steer me in the wrong direction.

    "Your right Carlisle, thank you" He just nodded and smiled back at me.

    "I will let you get back to your note to Bella" He stood up from the leather chair walking towards the door to go downstairs and turned back to me "Edward everything will be okay...Bella and you will be okay…and I can't wait to truly meet her, you have waited so long for this. We all have, I am just so happy that you have finally found her, that you have finally found love" And with that he walked out the door closing it gently behind him leaving me to my note and my thoughts to Bella.

    I sat for a few more minutes thinking, it finally came to me. I wrote the words down on the card then placing it in the envelope I sealed it with a kiss. I quickly ran down to the garage to get the board. Jasper, Emmet and Rosalie were in the garage working on Emmett's Jeep again. They all stopped what they were doing to give me a moment of grief before being interrupted by Esme; our 'mother'.

    "Hey you guys knock it off...this is for Bella, so if you ever want her to really be a part of this family you had better stop it" She said with a sassy grin on her face. She walked over to me, holding a satin yellow ribbon in her hand. "Here...I thought you could tie this around the board and slip the flower underneath it" She smiled and winked at me.

    "Thanks Esme" I gave her a quick hug. "I will be back in a few minutes before the sun gets out" I smiled and took the board, ribbon, flower, and card.

    I pulled up in front of Bella's house and quickly placed the board in the bed of her truck, I tied the yellow ribbon around it, sliding the flower and envelope just underneath it. I looked up to her bedroom window and listened intently for her heartbeat, she was still asleep and dreaming. I jumped back in my Volvo and headed home. Since it was going to be sunny I knew I wasn't going to be able to spend the day with Bella, so I changed my clothes and decided to go for a quick hunt, of course finding myself on the edge of the woods near Bella's house. I couldn't help it, I wanted to see the look on her face when she saw her surprise. It wasn't until after 9:30 that she came running out of the house to find what I had given her. Her reaction was more than I could have wished for. I only hope that I can cause that same reaction from Bella in the future over and over. Fuck she is beautiful, she really did make my life complete.

~            ~        ~        ~        ~        ~

 
    Alice's vision of Bella pissed off scared the shit out of me. When she finally called me back I knew there was only one thing I could do now. I was hoping that I would have a little more time before I would have to tell her, but because of Jacob Black and his stupid ass mouth I wasn't going to get more time. I told Bella to take the trail from the turnaround into the woods; it was a trail that led to our family home. I knew she didn't know that, but I needed to get her to a place where she could cause a scene if she wanted, without causing a scene in front of other people. Besides if something happened and she didn't take the news well and perhaps passed out on me or something I would be close to home and could take her there to rest, even though I don't know if that would be the greatest idea, but maybe if she saw my family and where we lived it would help her understand. Once I got off the phone with her I ran out of the house and through the woods, it took me no time at all. I watched Bella from the first step she took on to the trail, after a few minutes I stopped her.
    "Bella" I said to her and held out my hand "Come I have to show you" I scooped her up on to my back "Hold on" I reached and gripped on to one of her thighs to make sure she would not slip off of my back. I could feel her heart pounding against me, her breathing was somewhat nervous, but at the same time she was slightly aroused, from the adrenaline pumping through her, FUCK! I could smell it and having her wrapped around me was the greatest sensation, I wanted so much to just pull her around and kiss her like she has never been kissed before. But I knew I couldn't, she needed to know the truth. So, I took off running, her breath caught in her chest when she realized how fast I was running. Her body stiffened against mine, her arms and legs gripping me tighter. Her heart was beating so fast. I ran for a few miles up the mountain to get out of the cloud bank. I needed the sunlight; otherwise this wasn't going to work. My explanation would just sound absurd; I would come off as a complete lunatic. When I reached an area that had shade from the trees, but had an open area where the sun was shining trough I stopped. I gently placed Bella down, making sure her legs were steady, her heart was still beating rapidly, and her eyes were dilated from the adrenaline pumping through her. I knew I was going to have to be careful and watch her. She just stood there looking at me, in a state of slight shock.
    "Bella, I need to explain myself to you" I said it very slowly and clearly, never taking my eyes away from hers. I kept her hand in mine to make sure she wouldn't fall over. "I need you to listen to me very carefully and when I am done talking, I know you will have some questions and I will be more than happy to answer them" I paused for a moment to check her response; she just looked at me and nodded ever so slightly. "Okay then. Bella this is where I really need you to trust me. I need you to know that I would never hurt you that you are safe with me and I would do everything in my power to keep you safe. We may have only known each other for a few days, but your well being is the most important thing to me. I couldn't bare it if anything ever happened to you. Do you understand that, do you think you can trust me right now Bella?" She was still staring into my eyes; her heart rate and breathing were still rapid. She nodded again and this time took a deep breath. Fuck I wish I could read this girls mind. "Bella I am not sure what you have heard about me or my family since you have been here. My name is Edward Anthony Mason Cullen. I was born in Chicago in 1901 when I was 4 years old my father moved my mother and I to Hawaii, he was a merchant and a rather successful one. I grew up there; I lived there until I was 17 years old. That is when I decided to join the army, the Great War was raging across Europe and I wanted to be a part of it, unfortunately on my trip across the Pacific Ocean to the mainland I fell ill, contracting the Spanish influenza. That is when Carlisle found me dying in a hospital, he was one of the doctors there" I stopped for a moment just to let my words have time to reach her "Carlisle is a vampire, in the hospital he was caring for me, but for some reason he felt drawn to me and couldn't let me just die. He bit me injecting me with his venom, after three days I woke up in his house. I was no longer alive in the human sense, but I was living. I had become one of his kind. I am a vampire Bella" I stopped again to let my words sink in. Hers eyes went wide; her heart rate was so fast, her breathing all but stopped. She was completely frozen. I knew she was going into shock. "Bella breath, I need you to breath…come on baby breath, deep breaths…Breath Bella" She started to slump towards the ground but I caught her in my arms. Just repeating over and over telling her to breath; she looked at me with her eyes cloudy and absent, they started to roll back into her head. With that I check her heart rate, it was rapid, she was still breathing faintly. I picked her up in my arms and took off running towards my house to get Carlisle. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! What have I done?

 

 

    Okee dokee Monkeys there it is Chapter 9 sorry it took so long...I just needed a little break...All is swell in Hell now...No worries...So read up...let me know what your skanky minds are thinking...Chapter 10 is in the works...hopefully will be up soon, this week sometime...Huggies and Squishies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kate. That was great. I love how you just keep building the story up and I can't wait until chapter 10. Thank you so much for helping me with my first chapter and hoping it will go onto my website soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Good...Your the bestest Mel...No worries I will get your chapter back to you asap...have some work to do today...hopefully I can get it to you after that!!!

    ReplyDelete