Tuesday, September 14, 2010

University of Eternity Chapter 8


Chapter 8
Wave of Reality

 


 
    I was overcome with my own reaction to him leaving. The sound of his name echoing in my head, I got up from my bed and started to walk over to him. I still wasn't sure what to do or what I was going to say to him, but just knew deep down inside that I didn't want him to leave, he couldn't leave, I needed answers. I stood in front of him, his head just hung down, his eyes were closed; I knew he was lost in his own thoughts. I reached for his hand, the coldness of his skin against mine sent a shiver through me; I don't know what it was about that but it made me curious and it made me fell comforted all at the same time. Almost as if I was home. That and the undeniable electricity that instantly ignited between us that made my skin burn with desire against his coolness; maybe it was the pull of opposites. I didn't know. I didn't know what to say so I just pulled him towards my iPod remembering the song he had put on the other night and turned it on, "I'm there too" by Michelle Featherstone. He lifted his head and his eyes went straight to mine, staring deep into me, right down into my soul. We stood there, listening, only our hands in each others.

    "I'm there too" I whispered softly I wanted him to understand me, I wasn't sure of what I was feeling for him, I didn't have the words to describe it. "I know one day you will take my hand and I will understand" I slowly continued, his eyes widened, searching me, they were touching every inch of my being, I don't know how he could do that with just his eyes but he did "I trust you Edward" and that is all I said. I don't think I could have said anything else, I don't think that any other words would have been appropriate. The corners of his mouth turned up ever so slightly, he pulled me close to him placing a hand on my the upper part of my chest, resting just above my heart. I thought I was going to just melt it was so erotic and yet so touching and perfect in that moment. My breath caught slightly and my heart beat unsteadily in my chest, pounding against his hand.

    "Bella" He said quietly, it was so tender the way he said my name in his velvety deep voice "One day you will understand" he took my hand he was holding and brought it to his lips kissing it softly "I promise" in that moment I felt the shift again deep down inside. Now I was beginning to understand what that was, it was Edward it was what he did to me and I loved it. Love how was it that word just entered my mind? He walked me back over to my bed and gently laid me down; pressing himself gently against me he wrapped his arms around me. He just held me there. I felt myself drift to sleep.

    I felt the sun through my window it was warm, I rolled over and felt paper against my face. I opened my eyes, Edward wasn't there, he must have left early, I looked over to my alarm clock. 9:32 I felt so relaxed, I don't think I have ever slept that deeply in my life, it was incredible. I picked up the piece of paper on my pillow; in absolutely stunning hand writing there was a message from Edward.

    Bella,

        I was sorry to leave you this morning; you are so beautiful when you sleep.

        I will be with my family today. I will call you later. I hope to see you tonight.

        If that is okay with you? Have a great day! E

            P.S. Check in your truck!

    I jumped up out of my bed throwing on a pair of jeans and my slippers and ran down to my truck to see what was there. I was stopped instantly, I was in shock and there in the bed of my truck with a big satin yellow ribbon tied around it was a new surf board. Slid under the ribbon was a tea leaf and a single flower, a bird of paradise; there was also a note. The note card was in an envelope of thick, smooth, white paper, it felt expensive, and like something you would buy at a specialty stationary store. On the back fold of the envelope there was an embossed wave and the initials E.M.C., I carefully opened the envelope and slipped out the card inside, it was the same type of paper and had the same embossed symbol and initials in the center top. The card read in a familiar script,

    Bella,

        I have had this for a while. I knew the moment

        I saw you on the water it was meant for you.

        You truly are a sight to be held, when you

        Dance upon the sea. You are my sunrise on

        the waves; bringing up underwater love.

                    ~E~

    The air caught in my chest at his words; did he really see me that way? I could feel my heart beat hard against my chest, I was reeling at the thought of him, the thought of him watching me, the thought of him touching me, and I was overwhelmed. No one had ever given me a gift like this, something that would mean so much to me. I took the flower and tea leaf and set them with the note and pulled the board out to look at it. It was a short board simple in its design, it had nice rails, sleek, sexy almost, and the design on the bottom caught my eye. It was similar to the embossing on Edward's note card. I rubbed my fingers over it, it was an abstract drawing of a wave, it was a turquoise and green color, reminding me of the color of the water on the east side of Oahu. Underneath it in small black writing was written, Haleiwa Boards by E.M.C. Holy shit Edward made this board, this was his, and his hands shaped this board. I was dumbfounded. I was trying to think, searching my mind, going through all the board shops in Haleiwa Town, I couldn't remember. I put the board in the garage with my others and ran back upstairs to my room, I had an idea. If he was a serious board shaper I bet he would be on the internet. I grabbed my laptop and impatiently waited for it to turn on. Finally when I had a signal I connected to the internet and instantly went to the search engine. I typed in Haleiwa Boards by E.M.C., my eyes just starred at the screen waiting for it to load. Finally information popped up, I clicked on the first tab. I could not believe what I reading.

    Haleiwa Boards Inc. was started in 1955. Based out of Haleiwa Town on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, the company's founder Edward Mason started shaping boards at the young age of 17, knowing that his love of surfing extended beyond the waves. The company is now corporately owned and is one of the world's leading surfboard manufacturers.

    I just starred at the screen, was I reading this correctly, 1955? It must have been his birth father's company. My cell phone rang, breaking my focus and causing me to jump up. I looked down at the screen, another unrecognized number.

    "Hello" I answered curiously.

    "Hey Bells, its Jake. Uh I got your number from your dad" He paused for a moment, his voice sounded a little nervous.

    "Oh, yeah howz it Jake?" I wasn't entirely too excited to talk to him after the other day "What do ya want?"

    "Well uh…I was wondering if you wanted to go surf today? It's a nice day and LaPush is looking like it's got its swirl on" He trailed off again like he was hesitant about his next sentence " And well I…well I     uh, I want to say sorry for the other day…sorry Bells, it's just... well we just don't go there" He kind of snapped at the end. I guess I could accept his apology and to be honest I really wanted to try out Edward's board.

    "Yeah sure Jake, I'll surf. How bout I meet you in an hour, same spot like when we were keiki's?"

    "Sounds good Bells see ya then" Jake hung up, I really wanted some answers from him about the other day anyway. What did he mean 'we just don't go there', shit he made it sound like it was toxic or something. I jumped in the shower and put my suit on. I grabbed all my stuff, iPod, phone, towel, and a dry set of clothes just in case. I was beginning to learn my lesson on how the weather worked around here. I ran downstairs and grabbed a to-go mug of coffee and threw some granola bars in my backpack. I made myself some toast and left Charlie a note that I was going to LaPush to surf with Jake, even though I knew I would most likely be home before him. I grabbed my wetsuit from the laundry room and the rest of my stuff and headed out the door.

    I pulled into a parking space at LaPush beach where Jake and I would come when we were younger. I didn't know if he was here yet, so I sent a text to the number that he called from hoping that it was his cell. He texted back, saying he saw my truck and would be right over. I climbed out of my truck and walked to the back and dropped the tailgate and started to get ready, pulling on my wetsuit, I didn't pull it all the way up yet and just let it hand around my waist. I was enjoying the feel of the sun on my skin, I knew there weren't going to be many days with the sun out, and so I was trying to take it in. I saw Jake walking across the lot, he had two guys with him. When he approached he just kind of stood there starring at me for a minute; fuck was he checking me out? What the hell? That made me slightly uncomfortable, not that I could say anything I was checking him out the other day, but damn it's not like I made it obvious.

    "Jake" I snapped at him.

    "Hey" He shot his head back up at me, slightly blushing knowing that I had caught him. He had a smart ass smirk on his face. "These are my boys, Quil and Embry"

    "Hey guys howz it?" I don't know why but this was kind of awkward, which was strange for me. I never felt awkward around a bunch of surfer boys before, I felt like they were all inspecting me or something. The taller one Quill noticed my board.

    "Nice board…looks new" He said inquisitively.

    "Uh..yeah it is" I really didn't want to have to explain where it came from. "So you wanna cruise or what?" I didn't want to stand here and talk, I wanted to surf.

    "Let's get our swirl on" Jake said smiling at me. I did not like the way he was looking at me. I just rolled my eyes at him and grabbed my board and headed towards the water. I set my board down while I pulled my wetsuit up and zipped it up. I bent down attached the leash to my ankle and started waxing the topside of my new board in circles. My mind drifted towards the water as I watched the waves roll in, tracking, gauging, seeing which direction they were breaking, how they were rolling in, timing the interval of the sets. My mind started to drift to Edward; I wished it was him sitting next to me. Just him and I on his families beach, quiet, and just admiring, savoring, taking in every grain of sand under our feet, the smell of salty moist air, anticipating the raw liquid power. I closed my eyes, just so I could see him more clearly, I wanted to watch him on the water, I water to see his body move, I wanted to see his face when he came out of the water and how he shook his head, freeing the water from his dark bronzed, auburn hair. How he would run his fingers through it, fuck I envied his fingers when they performed that common mundane task.

    "Let's ride Bells" Jake called out as he headed towards the water. Fuck. My head snapped up and my eyes shot open; I really needed to get a grip. This fantasizing was starting to become a little overwhelming. I had only known this guy for like 2 days and he already occupied my every thought. Jesus Bella you barely know the guy and you're acting like he is your whole world, for crying out loud, just go surf; my inner monologue screams out to me. But my heart and my female parts were definitely telling me something different. I stood up and ran out to the water, letting it hit me, I needed to cool off, and well this was as close as I was going to get to a cold shower for the moment.

    We surfed for a while; Jake had definitely improved from when he was younger. They were all trying to show off, I have to admit I wasn't impressed, I never was when guys acted like this. This isn't what surfing was about, not for me at least. It started getting annoying, so I paddle into a wave and took it all the way in. Jake came in shortly after me; I leaned my board against my truck and reached for my towel to dry off. Jake was standing there; he looked at my board and grabbed it.

    "Bella, where did you get this board?"What the fuck, this was really none of his business. My personal life was none of his fucking business.

    "Jesus Jake, what the fuck, why don't you jump up my ass?" His tone was a bit harsh; there was no reason for him to talk to me like that "It's none of your business where I got that board"

    "Bella tell me where you got the fucking board from" He was getting angry. "Bella?"

    "What Jake, I just got it, that's all you need to know, it really is none of your fucking business" I snapped back at him, he was really pissing me off now.

    "Fuck Bella, I told you not to go to that fucking beach" What, how? I was really confused now.

    "How would you know if I went back to that beach? Even if I did, again none of your fucking business" I practically growled at him.

    "Bella I know where that fucking board came from. You better listen to me right now; you stay the fuck away from Edward Cullen. I mean it Bella" Did he just tell me what to do, oh I don't think so.

    "Jacob Black nobody tells me what to do, least of all you. Like I said it's none of your fucking business, and I will see whoever the fuck I want too, who the fuck do you think you are?" I spat at him. "Jesus Jake really, what the fuck is your problem? First you won't even walk down the beach and now you're trying to boss me around. I don't think so" I wasn't going to stand here and take this shit from him. I grabbed my board and put it in the back of my truck.

    "Bella there is a lot you don't know; I am serious stay away from him. Trust me on this, I don't care if you fucking hate me right now, but please trust me on this" I could see there was a bigger picture to all of this, between him and Edward last night, this was getting crazy.

    "Whatever Jake, get the fuck out of my" I pushed past him and climbed in my truck, put the key in the ignition and let it come to life. I pulled out of the space, and sped off, it might have been a little dramatic but I didn't care. What right did he have to tell me what to do, none? It was still early afternoon; I really didn't want to go home, I needed to blow off some steam. I headed farther down the road and headed towards Edward's beach. I pulled into the turnaround and turned the engine off. I let out a deep sigh. I checked my phone, 2 text messages. Both of them were from Edward.

    So, did you like your surprise?

    Bella is everything ok, call me. Please.

    Fuck that is weird, how would he know if I wasn't ok? I just starred at the screen for a minute. I decided to call him. I pushed talk I don't even know if it rang once before he picked up.

    "Bella is that you? Are you ok?" He sounded a little worried that was weird.

    "Yeah I'm fine. It's nothing really. Thank you for the board I love it!" I small smile curled at the corners of my mouth.

    "Bella are you sure your ok, tell me" I really didn't want to relive the Jacob Black argument, I wasn't very good at talking.

    "No really it's fine, I was just surfing with my friend Jake and he was just being an ass, so I left" Edward sounded silent on the other end "Edward are you still there?" I asked.

    "Yes" He paused for a moment before continuing "Why was he being an ass, what were you doing with him anyway?"

    "Well he called and wanted to go surfing, so I took him up on the offer. I just couldn't wait to try the board out that you gave me…" I sighed and then continued hesitantly "Him and his buddies were showing off and well..well that kind of shit just annoys me. So I headed in to leave, Jake followed me. I had the board you gave me leaning against my truck. Then he just kind of went postal on me, asking me where the board came from, then jumping on me about your beach…and well then he started telling me to stay away from you and shit" I could feel myself getting mad again just repeating the story "So I basically told him to stay the fuck out of my business and I just drove off, he was such an asshole…FUCK" I said stressfully. I really didn't mean to say fuck out load but it just slipped out.

    "Bella where are you now?" He asked, he seemed quiet and reserved.

    "The turnaround, I just pulled in why?"

    "Bella we should talk" His voice was somber.

    "Ok, do you want me to meet you somewhere?" I asked, I started feeling really nervous.

    "Bella at the north end of the turnaround there is a trail leading into the woods...it's a hiking trail, just walk up that. Stay on the trail, I will meet you" He was serious and still had a somber tone.

    "Um..ok" I paused "Edward how long are you going to be?" I asked quietly

    "Bella just take the trail" Then he hung up the phone.

    I sat in my truck for a few minutes, with a lump in my throat and a million knots in my stomach. I climbed out and took my wetsuit on, putting my clothes on. Glad now that I had brought the extra set with me and my hoodie. I put my vans on and started walking looking for the trail. I saw the trail opening and started walking towards it. I stopped at the entrance and took a deep breath. I reached in my pocket; ok I had my cell phone. I took a step and another, walking into the trees. It instantly felt cooler. I kept on the trail for 10 or 15 minutes I wasn't sure how long, then I heard a slight rustling, a faint breeze, it sent a small wave of electricity through my body.

    "Bella" The voice, his voice, deep velvet, broke through the silent trees. It startled me. He was standing a few feet in front of me, damn he looked good, and his eyes were dark and intense. He reached his hand out to mine "Come I have to show you" I reached for his hand and just like that I was on his back, my legs wrapped around his waist, I put my arms around his neck. I could feel the electric current between us "Hold on" He said gripping one of my thighs, and he took off.


 


Okay Monkeys here it is...So sorry for the delay...internet problems...Let me know what you think...Love you all skanks...it's an intense one...and by intense I don't mean, mind'numbing, head board smahsingly orgasmic, its more of the emotionally the truth is about to come out and I am about to be skull fucked by it kind of intense...Huggies and squishies....CHEERS hookers...kiss kiss

 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how detailed your writing is..I felt like I was there watching it all happen before me. I have never seen any of the twilight saga movies and maybe Id have a better big picture if I did but even without any clue of the movie..your writing is sooo freaking GOOD! Keep on rockin it sister!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kate! I love the letters you wrote from Edward to Bella. Jake is such a dick in this story lol. I hate him so much. Who does he think he is. Thanks again. I love you so much. Dont keep me waiting to long for chapter 9 lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lani,

    Uh you are so coming over for movie night at Kate's house hooker...You could be flogged in certain parts of the world for that violation you know!!! LOL...Love ya sis!!!!THANKS a million..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Mel Bell I can always count on you...Jake is being a dick...more dickness to endue...LOL...its all part of my master plan..*evil laugh*...I will do my best to get Chapter 9 up ASAP...keep your panties on hua...Love you!!! Kiss Kiss...and your Welcome biatch!!!! Tell your friends to come join in the fun of this obscene skankfest!!! Spread the love!!!! Huggies...

    ReplyDelete