Thursday, August 19, 2010

Okee Dokee Cheeky Monkey's here it is...Chapter numero Uno!!!! Enjoy!!!

 Okay so here is the first chapter of University of Eternity my adaptation of the Twilight Series. This adaptation is told from Bella's point of view. This is the first in many to come for OB-scene Fan Fiction...I hope you all likey...Its just the beginning so keep your panties on. My adaption starts out on in the beautiful island paradise of Hawaii where Bella is presented with an offer from her mother that she couldn't refuse...

SO go ahead and read and get addicted my little monkey's...So we can get this bitch rolling...Love you!!!




University Of Eternity






Chapter One
 
Rain for Sun




    I can’t believe that my mother actually convinced me to leave Hawaii and move to Washington for college. 
All for the sake of having a better relationship with my father, well I have to give it to Rene she sure was smooth when she pulled out the, “I will pay for your tuition and pay for your housing…” card. The catch was I had to go to school in Washington close to Charlie, so we could spend time together. Although I wasn’t exactly sure how that was going to work, being that ever since Rene and Charlie split up I had only spent 2 weeks every summer with him and it had been four years since the last time I had done that. I have to admit once I hit fourteen I found myself finding more important things to do rather than going to Forks, Washington to hang out with the Chief of Police.
    Well the deal was done, I was going to go to Charlie’s after graduation and stay with him for two months and then he was going to get me settled at the University of Washington, my new home. I have to admit I am sad that I won’t be going to the University of Hawaii with all of my friends, not that I have a lot of friends, but the few that I do have I will miss. I am going to miss the sun and the morning surf sessions before school, and I am absolutely 100% going to miss my Kona coffee and Aunty Kealoha’s cooking. But having school paid for is something I never thought was going to happen for me, so I am trading my beautiful sunshine for clouds and rain.
    “Bella, come in here. Phil and I want to talk to you.” My mother and new stepfather Phil were sitting out on the lanai. Most likely wanting to give me some sort of “be nice to Charlie” talk, being that’s all they seem to want to talk to me about lately.
    “Okay I’m coming. Wiki wiki.” I said with only the slightest hint of annoyance in my voice.
    “What’s up?” I said, as I plopped down on the big outdoor bamboo sofa.
    “Well Phil and I just wanted to talk to you about Charlie” Said Rene.
    “Mom seriously, this is like the third time this week, I swear I am going to be nice to Charlie. Jesus. Why do keep nagging me about him anyway? It’s starting to get really annoying.”
    “Well it’s just that you haven’t really been around your dad in four years, and it’s not as though you spent that much time with him before that. And I just want you to take it easy on him. Bella you have a tendency to be a little abrasive and stand offish towards people. And I don’t want you and Charlie to be miserable for two months; I want the both of you to get along and to get to know each other again. Have a real father, daughter relationship.”
    I looked at Rene with trying my absolute hardest to hide the condescension, as I replied with a smirk on my face.
    “Yes, mother I got that when you bribed me to go to school in Washington. I mean who doesn’t want to leave paradise and move to the wettest place in the continental U.S.?”
    Phil jumped in, as he usually does when he sees that my mother and I are about to get into one of our sarcastic battle of wits.
    “Now Bells, your mom just wants you to get to know your dad, that’s all. And she just wants to make sure, you’re not gonna kill each other while you’re doing it. Ok?”
    “Ok Phil.” I replied.
    “So we pau? How bout we all go to North Shore tonight for dinner tonight? Celebrate Bells’ graduation, besides we still need to finish planning your grad party. What do ya think?”
    “Sounds good to me” Replied Rene.
    “Sure why not” I said.
    I wasn’t looking forward to planning my graduation party; I didn’t even want to have one. It was going to be more like a farewell party anyway, being that right after I was leaving for the wettest place on Earth. I don’t know what I am going to do, no sun, no real beaches with good surf. I mean really what kind of surf does Forks, Washington have to offer?

#    #    #

        “BELLA BELLA, Wake up, wake up!!! CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE!!!”  Rene screamed, waking me from my peaceful slumber.
So graduation day arrived faster than I imagined it would. Waking up to Rene’s obnoxious shouts of congratulations wasn’t exactly my idea of how I wanted to start out the day. It was just another reminder of what little time I had left before I had to leave my little paradise.
“MMM, GAAWD, Mom is that really necessary? Shit!” I groggily replied.
“Bella, you should be excited, you’re graduating today, and don’t say shit. It’s not good to start out the day cussing” Said Rene.
“Whatever.” I replied as I rolled back over, pulling my blanket back over my head in an attempt to block out the daylight and my mother. I just wanted to lay there under the covers and let the day pass; I really wasn’t the kind of person who enjoyed formal affairs of any kind. I was lucky enough to escape high school without having to attend any formal dance, thank God. I’m not one for dressing up and being uncomfortable so I can listen to bad music and have some guy think that he is going to get lucky. I don’t think so.
Thanks to Rene’s annoying rambling I finally crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. At least the water would drown her out for a little bit, while I would try to get myself in some sort of mood other than “run and hide”. The water felt good as it ran down my skin. I just stood there for a few minutes, trying to forget about all that I had to do. I just let the water take me away, carry me to some place peaceful, relaxing. I let myself melt, I could feel the warm salty breeze coming in through window carrying the scent of plumeria and pukenekne flowers; it broke upon my skin in delicate waves. I just stood there in the intensely erotic moment and let my mind wander.
“BELLA, HEY, BELLA!!” my mother shouted interrupting my brief moment of escape.
“WHAT, I’ll be out in a sec” I shouted back. Somewhat irritated that I wasn’t able to finish what I had started in my head, what had I started in my head? It was all a bit fuzzy, but whatever it was it seemed to be stuck in the back of my mind, unfinished business as it were.
“What is it?” I said standing in a towel with my hair dripping water down my back.
“Bella, we need to get going, you were in the shower for 30 minutes. We have to get to the school”
“Yeah right, how could I forget” I said in a sarcastic tone, with a ridiculous smile on my face.
“Bella, I know you don’t like this kind of thing, but you only graduate high school once, and one day you will look back at this and want to have it be a good memory, not a bad one,”
“Sure mom, whatever you say. I’m gonna go get dressed now, kay”

#    #    #

I knew once that the graduation ceremony was over; I wouldn’t have much time left, only two weeks and then off to Forks. So, I needed to make sure that I took advantage of it. I spent the remainder of my time getting up early and hitting the surf. I wasn’t exactly the most coordinated person, but when it came to surfing, it just fit. I couldn’t manage to walk on dry land without tripping over every rock in my path and even the ones that weren’t, but when it came to the waves, that was entirely different matter. The water and I, we were one.  I was going to miss this most of all, I knew that I was going to be able to surf in Washington, but it just wasn’t the same.
When I was younger, during the summer I used to go surf with Jacob Black. He was the son of my dad’s best friend. I used to go down to the reservation to La Push beach and we would spend all day out on the waves, Jacob was pretty good. Although I haven’t surfed in Washington since I was 14 and I never could get used to having to wear the wet suits, but it was better than nothing. Washington surf was more of a long board situation; again it was better than nothing. I would bring both of my boards with me, but I knew that I was never going to see any action riding my short board, which I honestly preferred; but hey you never know.
So, the day had arrived and it was time for me to head to the airport. Phil and my mom had already shipped a bunch of my stuff to Charlie’s, so all I had was a suitcase, my surfboards, backpack, and of course my iPod, never left home without it.
“Bells are you ready to go?” Phil shouted from outside.
“Yeah, I’m coming” I said as I stood in the middle of my room, giving it one last look. I really didn’t want to go. As I walked out the front door I plucked a flower from the plumeria tree and held it up to my nose taking in its fragrance.
Phil and my mom were already in the car ready to go. The drive to Honolulu was quiet, which was fine by me; I didn’t really feel like talking anyway. And I knew my mom was sitting up in the front seat trying not to cry, which I didn’t entirely understand, being that she was the one that wanted me to go in the first place.
“Okay, here we are” Phil said as he got out of the car to get my stuff.
“Bella, I am really gonna miss you. Promise to call as soon as you land. And make sure that you stay hydrated it’s a long flight and keep track of your bag. And …”
“Mom, I got it” I said cutting her off, before she got off on one of her tangents.
“And mom, I’m gonna miss you too” I said as I wrapped my arms around her. I could tell she was about to cry, so I let go and turned quickly to Phil, giving him a quick hug and thanking him, cause I knew he slipped me some extra cash in my backpack. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and handed over the luggage cart with my surf boards and suitcase.
“Good luck Bells, call if you need anything. And try and have some fun will ya” He said with a smile on his face.
“Bye guys love you both. I’ll call ya when I get there”
That was it. I turned and walked into the airport terminal. Now all I had to do was think positive. Yeah right. This was going to be a long summer. 
 

Leave a comment and tell me what you think...ENJOY ENJOY you cheeky little monkeys!!! Aloha!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Kate, I have to keep reading this over and over again it just get's to me so much and it interests me to know what it's like in Hawaii and I feel like im actually there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fucking fantastic...I am so glad that is how it makes you feel...Hawaii is the greatest place on earth...That is exactly what I hoped the reader would feel...I miss it so much, I couldn't help but write about it...Thanks for reading...your the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete