Saturday, January 29, 2011

University of Eternity Chapter 19 Wave of Transition


Chapter 19
Wave of Transition

BPOV

            Weeks had passed, every few days I would have dinner with Charlie, but for the most part the days were spent surfing, hiking, or Alice and Rose would drag me away for “girl time”. My nights were mostly spent with Edward, if on the rare occasion I did stay at Charlie’s Edward would sneak into my room; we were inseparable and I was growing closer and more in love with him everyday. Even Charlie was realizing that there was a guy in my life, although he didn’t press for the details, he and Edward had met briefly, and Charlie played his fatherly role, as was expected. Even Alice showed up a few times showering Charlie with her charms and of course he was instantly taken with her. Which is what brings me to the present. It has been decided that Alice and I are going to live with each other as roommates in Seattle. Which is really just a cover for Edward because of course Edward and Jasper will be living with us as well, but for Charlie’s sake, it will appear as if it will just be Alice and I.
            So, today we are heading to Seattle to look for a place; something I have to admit that I am not entirely excited about. Given Alice’s taste for more luxurious surroundings but I guess if I want to be apart of this whole thing, it is something that I will have to get used to.
            “Bella isn’t this exciting?” Alice asked me, pulling me out of thoughts.
            “Yeah Alice…it’s great” I tried sounding as enthusiastic as I could. But I knew she could sense my reservation about the whole thing, and just rolled her eyes at me.
            “Bella don’t worry, it will be great…trust me” She smirked at me.
            “Alice…not fair with the whole…looking into my future business” I said in my defense.
            “Sorry…but it will be” She just smiled and turned back around to flip through songs on the iPod until she found one that she liked. I just sighed and leaned against Edwards shoulder. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head and put his arm around me.
            “No worries baby…don’t let it get to you…I don’t care where we live…just as long as you’re with me…that’s all that matters to me” A small smile played on my lips and I closed my eyes, just enjoying him next to me. The song “We’re all in this Together” by Katie Herzig came on.
            “Very funny Alice” I said to Alice over the song.
            “What?” She said like she had no clue what she was doing when she put the song on. “Okay, Okay…next song” She let out a small laugh. I opened my eyes and I could see Jasper smiling at me in the rearview mirror. Before next song came on and I saw that Alice and Edward were giving each other that we’re-talking-to-each-other-without-actually-talking” look.
            “What?” I asked.           
            “Nothing baby…its just Alice being Alice” Edward said. I just shrugged it off and the song started “Lucky” by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat. And that’s when it all made sense. Edward started to sing to me. So I joined him, singing the part of Colbie Caillat, when the song ended we all laughed and Edward kissed me and I wrapped my arms around his torso.
            “Feel better?” Edward asked me with a smile.
            “Yes” I simply smiled back knowing that, that was what Edward and Alice were silently talking about. We listened to quite a few good songs before we finally made it to Seattle. Some of my favorites like “Holes to Heaven” by Jack Johnson, “Hawaiian Girl” by Fiji, “Sun is Shining” by Bob Marley and the Whalers, “She is Music to Me” by Ekolu, “So Nice” by Natural Vibrations, “Dawn of Time” by Tribal Seeds, and “Periscopes” by The Beautiful Girls.
            “So Bella I have to tell you something” Alice said as we pulled into a parking garage.
            “What’s that Ali?” I asked her. I wasn’t really surprised.
            “Well we don’t really have to look for a place…you see Esme kind of already had a place ready for us in Seattle…we are just coming to meet her here…ya know to like go over how we want it decorated and stuff” I definitely wasn’t surprised.
            “Figures” I simply stated.
            “You’re not mad?” She asked.
            “Why would I be mad…I kind of figured something like this would happen…I mean you guys own like half the world already…why wouldn’t you have a place already in Seattle” I said sarcastically waving my hand.
            “Bells” Jasper just looked at me
            “Hey no fair with the mood control their Jasper”
            “Okay…sorry” He said apologetically.           
            “Well you know what I mean…I just meant that your family has a lot of money and property…that’s all” In my serious voice. Edward just chuckled at my side, wrapping his arms around me; he pulled me into a hug.
            “I love you Bella Swan” He said simply and kissed me soundly. “Come on…let’s not leave Esme waiting” He smiled and took my hand walking me towards the elevator. We all stepped inside and Jasper hit the button to the top floor marked PH.
            “PH?” I asked.
            “Penthouse” Jasper replied.
            “Of course…what else would it mean”, I said once again in my sarcastic tone.
            “Bella we are going to need the room…I mean seriously…trust me on this” Alice said in her just-trust-me tone of voice.
            “Whatever…I’m just along for the ride…” I said laughing to myself. Edward squeezed my hand and looked at my curiously. I just shrugged and shook my head telling him that it was really nothing.
            The elevator doors opened directly into the apartment or should I say “Penthouse”, we all stepped out and we were instantly greeted by Esme’s smiling face.
            “Well hello there…I was wondering when you were going to show up…so Bella I know this is probably a bit much, but I just want you to know that you get first pick, I want this to feel like it’s your home because it is dear…okay?” She said as she reached out for me. I broke away from Edward and walked towards her, letting her wrap her arm around my shoulder and lead me into the foyer.
            “Okay” I said shyly “I appreciate that…I do…its just…well you know I am not used to all of this…its just a little out of my league is all” We walked over to an area which I assumed was the living room, there was already a couch there, she had books and fabric samples, magazines and anything else you could imagine for designing a space laid out.
            “It’s okay dear…just take your time and don’t worry you will be just fine, don’t think that you have to pick the biggest and the best of anything…just go with what feels right…go with what you like…and I will take care of the rest” She said with that comforting smile. She gave me a motherly squeeze and everyone else came in and took a seat and we went to work.
            After a couple of hours and hundreds of decisions later, Edward ordered me some takeout. Esme had walked me through the entire apartment, showing me all of the rooms. There was a total of four bedrooms, the living room, kitchen, five bathrooms, an entertainment room, office/library, and to my surprise there was even an outdoor terrace that had a small pool with a hot tub. The entire place was overwhelming, I couldn’t even imagine how much a place like this must of cost and I didn’t even want to think about it. I had no idea how I was going to explain this place to Charlie and Rene.  But apparently Dr. Cullen had talked to Charlie earlier in the week saying that us girls were to stay in his “Seattle Townhouse” while we were in school and that it was arrange for me to pay him rent, which at first he said was a ridiculous idea, but it was at Charlie’s insistence and a price was negotiated and settled. But in reality I wasn’t actually paying them anything and said money was just going back into my “new account” that Edward had already set up, seeing as I was already part of the family. I mean he had already given me that damn credit card as it was.  The doorbell rang signaling that my food had arrived.
            “I’ll get it” Alice said jumping up from the couch.
            “You okay baby?” Edward asked me.
            “Yeah…just trying to process all of this…I am just not used to it all…it’s a lot to take in Edward…I mean I am just a simple girl from Hawaii. I lived in a small three bedroom hale near the water…nothing special ya know…same as everyone else just trying to survive…and well now…now I have all this and I didn’t do anything to earn it…I mean why? Why me?” I just looked at him; I could see the worry in his eyes.
            “Come here” He said and I got up and went to sit on his lap. “Baby it’s just money…it doesn’t mean anything…and as far as what other people think…well it doesn’t matter…you don’t have to tell them…it’s not like we flash it around because really we don’t…yes we have a lot of stuff…but it’s just stuff…what’s important is you and me…our family…your family…friends…that’s important…we hide the bulk of our wealth…I mean Emmett drives a Jeep because we try and keep a low profile, but in Seattle we have a little more room, so yes the apartment is a bit more opulent…but that doesn’t mean anything baby…it’s not like everyone on campus is going to know that you live here…right? And you can have any car you want…you don’t have to get some flashy expensive big car…but I would feel better if you drove something safer and more reliable than your truck” He looked at me trying to get me to understand. He pulled me close to him, resting his head on my shoulder. I sighed, I did understand even though it was still a lot to take in.
            “Okay I will try and as far as the car thing goes…I will try too, but not until we move here okay…I don’t want to flash that in front of Charlie…that truck was a gift…maybe I could leave it with him and it could be my Forks truck or something and I could have a car for Seattle and it will be my Seattle car…okay…how does that sound?”
            “Sounds like a deal” He said. He reached up and cupped my chin pulled my face down so he could kiss me. The kiss was soft and slow, and was exactly what I needed, but before I could deepen it Alice chimed in.
            “Bella your foods ready” Then she bounced right back out of the room.
            I got up from Edward’s lap and headed towards the kitchen to eat. Edward stood and sat with me while I ate. Esme was at the counter making phone calls and placing orders for furniture and various things for the apartment. She smiled over at Edward and I while she talked. Such the woman of business she was. As I finished Edward took my trash and threw it out. Esme walked over and sat down in the chair across from me.
            “So that was easy…now we just have to get the place painted to your liking and get you guys all moved in…did you know what date you wanted to be in by?”
            “Oh…um I think we wanted to be here the week before classes start…I wanted to get familiar with campus and the city a bit more…maybe look for a job or something” She smiled at me.
            “You know Bella you don’t have to work”, She said.
            “Yeah I know…but I was thinking a job more along the lines for my photography not necessarily for money…but more for the experience…maybe some freelance work or something…I could show my portfolio around and see if anything comes up” Her smile widened.
            “I think that is a great idea dear…even though I…well you know…even though I am what I am…I still have a career…we all have at certain points…Carlisle has always managed to be a doctor…Edward has always had his business in some capacity…we have all maintained our identity in some form…I mean you have too…it helps…makes this life manageable…worthwhile in a sense I guess…helps fill the space I guess you could say” She patted the back of my hand and stood. “Well I have more calls to make…so what are you kids going to be doing for the rest of the day?”
            “Oh I was thinking of taking Bella on a tour” Edward said. I had no idea he had that planned.
            “Oh that sounds wonderful…you two have fun” She winked at me and went back to her phone calls.
            “So what do you think? You ready to head out?” Edward asked.
            “I guess so…um…what about Jasper and Alice?” I asked in return.
            “Oh they have plans of there own…and don’t worry all the arrangements have been made…you just leave everything up to me” He said with a smile.
            “Arrangements?” I asked with an inquisitive look.
            “Yep” He said accentuating the ‘p’, he held out his hand and I took it.
            We both waived goodbye to Esme and headed towards the Elevator. But before we left, Edward led me towards one of the bedrooms.
            “There is a bag in the bathroom with some clothes…Alice packed it…you will need to change. I will meet you by the elevator in 15 minutes okay” He kissed me quickly and headed off. I gave him a questioning look. “I am going to go change as well” I just nodded in recognition.
            I walked into the bathroom and opened the bag a bit wary of what Alice may have packed for me. But to my surprise, she had packed a pair of black skinny jeans, a dark grey flowing top, and black lace lingerie to wear underneath. Along with it, she included, black heels, a long silver pendent necklace, and a black leather little jacket to wear with it. I changed and put the shoes on, packing my other clothes in the bag. I did notice that there was a toothbrush and some makeup, there was also another change of lounging around clothes; she had packed me an overnight bag. I brushed my teeth and put on a small amount of makeup, grabbing the bag I headed towards the elevator to meet Edward. He had changed into a pair of dark wash jeans, a button down and put on a black leather coat, with a pair of black leather boots. He looked fucking hot as he. His hair was all messy and I just wanted to jump on him right then and there.
            “Damn Bella…you look fucking hot baby” He said as his hand came across his bottom lip before he licked it. I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth biting it slightly.
            “Thanks…mmm you too” I said as I sauntered over to him. I wrapped my arms around him. With the heels on I was almost his height and I leaned up just a little and brought my mouth to his. The kiss was hot and deep. His hands slid down my back and grabbed onto my ass. My body pressed to his and it was my body’s natural reaction for both of my legs to hitch up around his waist. A guttural groan played in his chest and I felt him turn me around. My back made contact with the elevator doors. “Mmm” Escaped my mouth, fuck I wanted more; I didn’t care about getting my tour anymore, I wanted a tour of Edward’s body instead.
            “Baby…we…ugh…”I wouldn’t let him speak, as I pulled his lips back to mine. “Baby…mmm…baby…we need to stop…we have plans” He said as he broke away from me. A pout formed on my now swollen lips.
            “Edward…” He cut me off before I could continue.
            “I promise…later baby…and it will be worth it…trust me.” He said planting one chaste kiss on my lips and setting me back down on my feet. He grabbed my hand and pressed the button for the elevator.
             We made it down towards the parking garage and Edward led me towards a black car. It was a sleek, black, sports car.
            “Edward is this your car?” I asked somewhat taken back by it.
            “Yes” He said with a devilish grin “It’s a 2011 Aston Martin Vanquish…technically they aren’t out on the market yet…but I have my ways” He said with a wink and I heard the doors unlock. He pulled the door open for me and I just stood there a moment taken back by him. He just stood there with that damn sexy smirk on his face.
            “Shall we baby” He said and leaned down giving me a hard kiss. Snapping me out of my shock. Doesn’t flash his money my ass. I climbed into the car and Edward shut my door. Well fuck me side ways. This was going to be an interesting tour apparently; I wonder what exactly he had planned. Edward placed our bags in the back and climbed in the driver seat, bringing the engine to life, it purred and the vibrations of it caused a small smile to form on my face. Edward looked over at me and smirked raising his eyebrow at me. I just shrugged my shoulders and smirked back.
            “What?” I asked, knowing exactly what. This car was fuckhot and now I understood why Edward had bought it.
            “Oh you know what baby”, He said, as he revved the engine slightly causing me to squirm in my seat a little. “Exactly” He put the car in dear and pulled out of the garage smirking his damn sexy smirk. Oh yes indeed this was going to be a very interesting night indeed. In fact now I was very much looking forward to it.




Well there it is...Chapter 19...be prepared more of your favorite huas are going to be introduced in the upcoming chapters...Drama to ensue...Just a heads up...anway...Enjoy the show hoors...and no I will not apologize for the lack of sexin in this chapter...you have had nothing but panty dropping for like the last few so...it was time to move forward...I mean christ almighty they had to get out of bed at some point...geesh...anyway...get to reading hookers...don't worry you'll get your does of Edwards tadge and a good thrombing in the next one...Hugs and Squish...Much Love!!! XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment