Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Para social Narcissism: Can You Accept Responsiblity?

 Here is a little twisted mind fuck for ya!!!! Don't ask what got me started on this...realization of my human condition I suppose, with a side of Miller Lite and my new class schedule...That and my battle with becoming and author...Which is totally fucktastic if I do say so myself....But it does pose questions about one's self to come to the surface!!!!

Alright monkeys I  have something for you. Para social Narcissism. Let me explain first off, how many Para Social relationships do you  harbor in your life? Do you think that you have a relationship with celebrity, some one who is in fact based on a ficticious character, portrayed by a living breathing human being? Do you think that having these relationships some how make you look better, do you do it to make yourself in fact feel better? Does having these so-called relationships in any way shape or form impact the person that you are? Do you form these relationships to make yourself look better, feel better? Do you from these relationships to make yourself look better, does it give the perception that you are some how a better person, more confident, more popular, better looking even?

Do you even know that you have formed these relationships, and to what purpose they serve and to what end? Do they make you feel like you belong, fit in, are in fact part of the 'in-crowd'?

Para Social- the ‘relationship’ between the viewer and an on-screen character (mediadictionary.com, 2010 )

Narcissism- A psychoanalytic term meaning self-love (lexic.us, 1998)

How many times a day do you look in the mirror and compare yourself to a celebrity? How many hours a day to sit around thinking "if only"? 

Do you feel that you honestly know the other person in your one-sided relationship?

Do you know what they think, feel, ambitions, fears, passions; are theses things that you have personal knowledge of? Or have you used your own personal expereinces, your feeling, your ambitions, your passions and some how morphed them into there own, to rectify your secret obsession? All in the name of making yourself look and feel better? 




So what do ya say hookers? 

In this day and age we are surrounded by limitless media, it literally touches all aspects of our lives. Tell me when was the last time that you did not have some sort of screen, in front of you, allowing you the access you crave, to your so-called relationship? 
Cellphones, computers, television, radio, magazines. You give yourself complete and utter permission to be able to get your fix at any moment. 

On the internet you hook yourself up with youtube, myspace, facebook, twiiter, formspring, tumbler, and a limitless amount of blogs, Your relationship has infinite fuel.

But my real question here monkeys, is do you still know yourself? Do you know yourself enough, that you could break away, that you could still indentify with basic human existence? 

Fame is an absolute illusion. It is not real. Those celebrities are not real. Those characters that you have created in your mind are not real? However, they are real people. Living breathing completely and ridiculously flawed human beings. That is real, they bleed, they cry, they shit just like everyone else. Just because they have a bigger house, a better car, designer clothes, and deep wallets, does not, and I repeat does not make them any better, smarter, prettier, happier, or more complete than you are.   




Here is my truth!

I have multiple Facebook pages, I have a myspace account, I have a twitter account, I have a heyhey account, I have google friend connect, youtube account, 2 blogs, 2 FanFic account IM, skype, hotmail, aol, gmail...I own a cellphone, house phone, I have three T.V.'s in my house, I own two laptop computers, and an iPad. I have wireless internet, satelitte T.V. 

The first thing I do in the morning after I get up and feed my son breakfast is check my Facebook, AOL, and my blog.  

I know that I harbor Para Social relationships. I read gossip pages, I have a ton of people on my Twitter and Facebook. 

Now here is where I get brutally honest...I have these things because I want to be aware!  I have these things to fullfill a promise to myself, that when I decided to write I would do what I needed to do to make that happen. In truth the only thing I need is a pen and paper. Now, why do I have all of these things if I only need pen and paper? Well because in my mind, I want to share, I want to give, I want allow others to be aware of an alternative. Is that narcissistic? Perhaps. I don't doubt it, in fact being narcissistic is part of the human condition. We are the only species on this planet that feel the need for approval.

Now the thing you need to realize is are you using that approval for a purpose? Are you committing yourself to these technologies, these para social relationships for good? Can you accept the responsibility of being para socially narcissistic?  

I can accept the responsibility, I understand what it is I am doing. Because if you take all of that away from me, I know who I am. I have an identity all my own. 
SO MONKEYS...Can you?





 I love all you hoors out there, and I am eternally grateful that I get to share with you my words. But I hope that in this media shit storm that you never lose you! UNDERSTAND??? Now that, that mind fuck is over with...Did you all see that bullshit headline today about Rob and Kristen? Seriously the shit is starting to get out of control...Let them have a fucking meal people, without turning it into some giant love fest....They have to eat to ya know!!!

Well this crazy stubborn moody hooker is off to do some more writing...So I have something to share with you skanktards...You can call me the Mistress of Smut...Shower scene take two!!!!?????
Who is up for some pantie dropping, lip licking, FanFiction??? I know I am!!!

LOVE YOU MONKEYS!!!! Huggies and Squishies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment